I was digging through a bunch of junk the other day and found a bucket list that I had started several years ago. A few things on this list have actually been crossed off. Some of them will never be crossed off. It’s by no means done but I’m going to post it, add to it, look at it, think about how bad I suck at accomplishing dreams and goals, and then pat myself on the back for my competent list-making skills.
And, in random order…
Go to grad school
- Clean out storage and get rid of ALL unnecessary junk (is this even possible?)
Run a 5K Run a half marathon
- Run a marathon (after the half marathon, this one may come off the list)
- Run Bay to Breakers
- Learn to use a fancy camera (Marc has one)
- Get Marc to teach me to use fancy camera
- Use fancy camera
- Travel around Europe some more, hitting the places I missed the first time (this list is it’s own animal)
- Brew (drinkable) beer
- Create a website (not counting a blog - read about my recent difficulties here)
- Put all of my CDs on iTunes and then put those bitches in storage
- Sit up straight. All the time. Ugh.
- Make my own pasta.
- Learn how to hail a cab with one of those really cool loud whistles
- Visit the area between the Midwest and California, instead of just flying over it. I think is where the “road trip across the US” comes into play
- Learn how to use a gun (does it count if I already forgot?)
- Spend New Years in Times Square or go to the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade - I feel like just accomplishing one of these is sufficient due to the high maintenance of maneuvering the crowds.
- Do not replace deceased pets with more pets (this is more of a note for my future self)
- Sit courtside at an IU Basketball game
- Visit the Cristo Redentor statue in Rio de Janeiro
- Learn how to play poker (not because I really want to, but to finally avoid the incredulous “YOU DON’T KNOW HOW TO PLAY POKER?!” question)
- Go to a taping of Wait Wait… Don’t Tell Me
I wanted to post this because I feel like I’ll add to it as I think about it now, rather than burying it in a bunch of junk only to discover 5 years from now.
Anyone have a lead on any of these?